Hail and Wind Roof Repair Advice
It makes sense that roofing repair companies will increase their aggressiveness to get customers after a large storm like we had last week. It’s to be expected – the demand is greater and there’s an opportunity to make new customers. However, many roofers are not qualified or insured but there is nothing legally stopping them from making repairs to your roof. When selecting a roofing contractor always check their Better Business Bureau credentials and insurance first.
The BBB has created the following list of tips to help home owners choose storm clean up and roof repair contractors:
- Make necessary temporary repairs and save all receipts. Your insurance company can assist you in the claim process
- Do not let a roofing contractor make you feel pressured to hire him. Find a reptable roofing company that is insured and licensed and has the experience to fix or replace your roof right the first time.
- Get several estimates for the same repair
- Research the company at www.bbb.org. Better Business Bureau Reviews rovide contact information, complaints and the BBB Rating.
- It’s almost never a good idea to choose a roofing contractor who came to your door or who claim to have extra material from another job. Make sure anyone who works on yoru ohme has a permanent place of business in the North Texas area.
- Don’t let just anyone on your roof. Again, make sure the contractor you let inspect your roof is licensed, experienced and has a good reputation in your community.
- Have all work agreements in writing including the exact work to be done, time frame and insurance information. Don’t sign a contract unless you fully understand it.
- If an estimate is much lower than most it’s possible it’s too good to be true. Make sure all estimates include the same materials, workmanship details and guarantees.
FREE QUOTE REQUEST
"Canyon Creek Roof Company Inc. takes pride in quality workmanship and service. From the moment we receive your call for a free estimate, you and your roof are placed in professional, caring hands. Our experienced, trained estimators will thoroughly examine your roof and provide you with a written evaluation. "
"Dear Donna and Staff:
Ben and I would like to thank you for your professionalism in helping us choose our new roof. Obviously by the picture Heath got us just the right one for our home. It is just beautiful. We appreciate your attention to our concerns during the process.
Ben and Catherine Deal