How to Spot a Shady Roofing Contractor
Roofing contractors come in all shapes and sizes. They have all different types of backgrounds and some even do not have any background. Some are licensed and insured, then you may come across some that are not licensed and insured. With this in mind, you should know who you’re dealing with when you hire them to do the roof repairs or replacement on your Dallas home.
You never know who might not be as honest as you think they are. When you hire someone to do the work on your home, but they are not who they seem – a lot can go wrong. They may not finish the work on your home and just take your money, they could do a poor job and when something is broken, it will not be covered under your homeowners insurance or a warranty and it might cause you a lot of stress in the end.
There are ways, however, to spot a shady contractor in the Dallas area. By keeping these tips in mind, you should be able to know who is real and who might not be who they say they are.
- Find out if they are licensed. You can check with the state on this one. You want to make sure that you check it, see it and know that they have one. It is required by law to have a license in order to do the roofing work you need done.
- Do they have insurance? This is also a big one. If something happens on your property, but they are not insured – they might come after you for compensation. You want to also know that if they do something to your property, they are going to be able to cover it. Coverage goes both ways and you want them to have it.
- Does their number work and can you visit them in their actual office? Look them up, check out the company and drive by it yourself. You want to know that they have an actual business and a structure that if you have problems – you know where to go. Usually shady contractors will just travel from here to there.
- Do they ask you for most, if not all of the money for the project up front? You do not want a contractor that does this. Many places will ask for under half up front to cover some of the costs of the material. This is normal. You want to work with someone that is not going to take your money and run.
- Are they going to write up a legal contract for the work? You want receipts for everything, a contract and a paper trail. You want to have proof that this transaction happened with them. This is always ideal when working with anyone, but especially if you’re working with someone that is going to be providing you with such large services.
Speak with us today to learn more regarding the roofing needs that you have. We are able to show proof of who we are, our license and insurance, as well as write up a contract for the work that needs to be done. We are built on trust and want to work with you on all of your roofing needs in Dallas. Call us today to set up an appointment!
FREE QUOTE REQUEST
"Canyon Creek Roof Company Inc. takes pride in quality workmanship and service. From the moment we receive your call for a free estimate, you and your roof are placed in professional, caring hands. Our experienced, trained estimators will thoroughly examine your roof and provide you with a written evaluation. "
"Dear Donna and Staff:
Ben and I would like to thank you for your professionalism in helping us choose our new roof. Obviously by the picture Heath got us just the right one for our home. It is just beautiful. We appreciate your attention to our concerns during the process.
Ben and Catherine Deal