Signs That Show You Might Need Roof Repair in Richardson
There are many signs that tell or even scream to you that you need your Richardson roof repaired. Knowing how to spot these problems can help you make a better decision on when to hire a roofing contractor to come over and have them fixed.
So how do you go about spotting these problems and which ones are a serious cause of concern?
Here are some of the things you can keep in mind when doing your own little roof inspection. If you find problem areas that should be addressed, make sure to speak with a professional roofing contractor about having the work done.
Spotting Roof Problems
- One of the biggest things you can do when it comes to spotting problems is knowing the age of your roof. You might not even need to see any problems. If your roof has exceeded the expected life span that it was supposed to last, it might be time to just put a new roof on your home. A typical shingled roof can last between 20 and 25 years.
- Do you have cracked, curling, buckling or missing shingles on your roof? This is not good for the roof itself. You’re letting unnecessary water into your home. You want to make sure that you protect the inside of it by having these shingles replaced immediately.
- There are granules from the shingles falling into the gutters. This can be a problem since you have a lot of water washing the shingles away. They are worn down, old and outdated and it might be time for a nice change.
- Go into the attic and feel the roof for moisture. You do not want to have a lot of moisture up there. While you’re there, also make sure there is no sun peeking through the boards. These are all bad signs that water is getting in when it rains.
- Check all of your flashings to make sure they are not broken down, cracked or peeling. If you find that they are, consider replacing them with long term, durable metal flashings. They are able to protect your home and remove the access water from the roof and into the gutters – where it belongs.
- You have rotting wood or shingles just sitting on top of the roof. These are not protecting anything and could actually be harming your roof by passing on the decay to the other parts of the roof. Having these portions replaced is ideal, soon.
When you’re ready to move forward, fix the items on the roof or even replace the entire roof – we are here to help. We are a licensed, insured Richardson roof repair company that is able to help with all matters of your home’s roof. Give us a call to have us come over, do an inspection and provide you with an estimate. Don’t wait until it is too late!
FREE QUOTE REQUEST
"Canyon Creek Roof Company Inc. takes pride in quality workmanship and service. From the moment we receive your call for a free estimate, you and your roof are placed in professional, caring hands. Our experienced, trained estimators will thoroughly examine your roof and provide you with a written evaluation. "
"Dear Donna and Staff:
Ben and I would like to thank you for your professionalism in helping us choose our new roof. Obviously by the picture Heath got us just the right one for our home. It is just beautiful. We appreciate your attention to our concerns during the process.
Ben and Catherine Deal