The Dangers of Doing Your Own Roofing Work
When it comes to the roofing work that you need to have done, you should consider the many things that are involved with the job. Roofers put their lives on the line when they decide to climb up on the roof and fix problems, or put a new roof on the home. Many people do not consider just how dangerous this job really is, because they feel like it is an easy fix – that can just be done by anyone.
If you’re stuck in this mindset, you should consider the many dangers that these workers have to face each and every day, and they continue to go to work knowing about them. You should give your roofers a big round of applause after hearing all that they endure, or what could possibly go wrong. Once you’ve read through this information, you should also take caution when considering taking on any roofing jobs of your own.
Job Hazards of a Roofer
- Being so high off the ground and having a chance of falling off of the roof and becoming seriously injured, or even death can occur – depending on the height of the roof.
- Having to go up ladders every day that might have problems with them that were unseen previously.
- Going on roofs in the winter time and finding ice dams built up and having the potential to slip off the roof.
- Being under the sun, on a dark colored roof can cause the person to be dehydrated and even cause serious sunburns.
- Having to carry heavy items, equipment and materials up to the roof that can cause the roofer to injure themselves if something falls.
- Being under large tree branches that could potentially fall onto the roof and the roofer.
- Being around wires for the electricity and other lines throughout the neighborhood. If one of these is hit, it could seriously harm the worker with electricity.
Even though many of these items can be avoided with the proper safety precautions, some things just happen and when they do – this can be a very bad thing. By making sure that you’re working with a company that upholds the safety and integrity of their workers, your home and your family – you’re able to have a better experience overall. Do not do the work yourself, it could be life threatening and dangerous for all of those that are involved.
We take safety very seriously in our company, and we want to ensure that you get the best experience possible when it comes to working with us and our team. We will ensure that not only our workers are safe, but also the home that you live in. If you have a roofing problem that needs to be fixed, give us a call before you try to take on the project yourself.
FREE QUOTE REQUEST
"Canyon Creek Roof Company Inc. takes pride in quality workmanship and service. From the moment we receive your call for a free estimate, you and your roof are placed in professional, caring hands. Our experienced, trained estimators will thoroughly examine your roof and provide you with a written evaluation. "
"Dear Donna and Staff:
Ben and I would like to thank you for your professionalism in helping us choose our new roof. Obviously by the picture Heath got us just the right one for our home. It is just beautiful. We appreciate your attention to our concerns during the process.
Ben and Catherine Deal